1. Information We Collect
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, access various content or features, register for contests or sweepstakes, submit comments and other content, order products, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
* Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
* User name, display name, and password;
* Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
* Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date;
* Geolocation information;
* Communications preferences;
* Search queries;
* Stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
* Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
* Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
* Your browser type and operating system;
* Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
* Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
* Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
* Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
* Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
* Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
* Standard Server Log Information
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
* Provide you with the services, newsletters, products, promotions and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
* Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
* Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
* Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Services;
* Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
* Publish stories, comments, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
* Process employment applications and inquiries; and
* As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
* We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
* We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, or send communications for us.
* We may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
* If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
* We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool.
* We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
We do not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
4. Data Security
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
5. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
6. Social Networking Services
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
You also may be able to link an account from a social networking service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to an account through our Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you link your account from a third-party site or service, we may collect information from those third-party accounts, and any information that we collect will be governed by this Policy.
You can review the most current version of the Policy at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of this Policy by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes.
8. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites or online services that are operated and maintained by third parties and that are not under our control of or maintained by us. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by us of those other websites, the content displayed therein, or the persons or entities associated therewith. This Policy does not apply to this third-party content. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites or services.
9. Communications Preferences
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 10 business days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, you may contact us at:
National Investigative Report (National Investigative Report, LLC)
202 888 9844