The holidays are right around the corner, which also means that the days are getting shorter and more your schedule more hectic. It’s also the time of the year where your workouts become shorter and your motivation to get moving decreases due to all the holiday activities you might be planning. Here are a few tips to stay active during the busy holidays:
1. Wake up early: when you don’t have time in your schedule, you create time. Wake up early to knock off a few important things off your to-do list, like packing your lunch or hitting the gym.
2. Pack you bags: have your gym bag ready and nearby everywhere you go, a change in plans can happen, so you need to be prepared.
3. Bring out competition: create a mini-marathon with your family or children to encourage each other to be active. There is always a little bit of competition in the family, so why not make this competition healthy and challenge everyone to out-run each other?
4. Stick to the schedule: make a weekly plan and follow it to the second. If you penciled in that you should work out from 8-9pm, you better be at the gym at that time. No exceptions.
5. Skip the TV: watching TV every night might not be an option now that you can’t workout during the day.
6. Eat lunch in your office: use your lunch hour to go run and eat lunch when you come back. Prepare a a healthy wrap instead of ordering in, it’ll allow you to eat healthy while still working.
7. Meet on the run: holiday planning can become so relaxing when it’s boosted with endorphins. Go for a run/power walk with your planning committee to fit in your daily workouts.
2 Replies to “7 Tips to Remain Healthy During the Holidays”
I really needed to read this article. I have an extra 10 pounds that Ive been carrying for about 6 months and have been so anxious about the holidays. I especially like the tip about eating lunch in your office. I’ll try that out and use the extra time for a short walk.
I would say that when people are eating on the go is when they are not watching what they eat. Fast food is too easy to pick up while driving by and we all know that is not good for you!